Saturday, January 26, 2008

Oh g-ma....

This weekend was fun. Mom and G-ma came to visit...some of the highlights...
2 great lunches
driving G-ma's new car, and trying to teach her what all the buttons do
Spice shopping at Penzey's
buying a new coffee mug at World Market
Mom getting pink hair
It really was a decent weekend....and I didn't get the obligatory guilt trip from grams....bonus.

For Christmas, Grandma gave me a book of my great g-ma's poems. Possibly the best gift she's ever given me. So much better than ugly slippers and itchy wool sweaters. Here's the one that grandma Melba wrote about me in 1982:

Linsey is a lollipop girl,
These sweets are hard to find
Quicksilver are her dancing feet,
Flitting butterflies, her mind.

Liquid joy, her lilting laughter,
Brown eyes full of sweet surprise.
Grown-ups find her captivating,
Little Linsey is a prize.

When our hearts are sad and weary
And our days are long and blue,
We'll just think of our sweet Linsey
And the smiles will lollipop through.

2 comments:

Danelle The PR Girl... said...

cute.
i wish i had a poem about me...

Linsey said...

I will write you one.... :)