Friday, June 13, 2008

Can we talk about something for a minute?

I love my job, I really do. I enjoy having the ability to reach out to the public about something that they care very deeply about. My 30-45 seconds are heartfelt, deeply moving, and I feel like I really "put myself out there". Ok, so SOMETIMES talking about road construction is not overly excitng, but truth be told, I do have fun with what I do. Sometimes I just wish that more exciting things would happen on my watch. I never thought I would (after working at AAA) actually kinda-sorta "hope" for accidents to pop up on my screen.


For example, on Monday I believe it was, there was an overnight accident on the JFK. It involved a car smashing into a couple on a motorcycle (don't worry, everybody involved is still alive). After coming to a stop, the man driving the car promptly got out of vehicle and started running away, while taking off his clothes. "INTERESTING" I thought to myself as I listened to the story. The man was obviously high on a little more than life. I found myself thinking, "why can't that happen at 6:30 in the morning so that I can report on it?" That would be the highlight of my month, by far.


Or maybe something like THIS could happen on the W Dodge Expressway:


I bet Courtney Love was seen fleeing from this scene, shredding clothes as she hobbled down the 101.
I am patiently waiting in anticipation until one of you yay-hoos out there decides to pull some crazy shiznit. Until then, I am stuck talking about the ongoing construction on the 480/75 split. So until that day, in the words of a wise man who once told me....
"Drive fast and take chances!"

3 comments:

Danelle The PR Girl... said...

haha. someday i will ride down the express way on a bike with glow sticks attached everywhere at 5:30am. it will be a big green blur...you can make up something clever to say like the green flash is in town for the cws or something...

Unknown said...

And after Danelle has gone by...I'll unload a whole hell of a lot of tacks on Dodge.
Your headline could read "The Express Way...Under A Tack!!" Muahhhhh hahahahahahaha.

Linsey said...

Hahahaha. I have such great friends. What a lucky girl I am!!!