Monday, June 04, 2007

Fun with the Cuz


I went to KC this weekend. Had a great time seeing Mom and Dad, and was lucky to get to spend some time with my cousin Erin. I don't get to see as much of her as I would like. She took me to a wonderful sushi dinner at a new place in downtown KC. It was wonderful. They served wasabi deviled eggs. Delicious.


Then we went walking around. We happened upon a street dance/beer garden/people watching extravaganza for Kansas City's Gay Pride Week. Very interesting. I only counted three mesh shirts, so I was a little disappointed in that aspect, but I did get to see a 7 foot tall drag queen. It was one of the highlights of my day.


After partying with the gays for awhile, we went to Christopher Elbow's new shop. Erin hadn't checked it out yet, and I had not partaken in a delectable treat of Chris' in quite some time. I was elated to go. If you have never enjoyed his chocolates, you can order some here:




If you have the means, I highly recommend picking some up. He makes a caramel/sea salt one that is my absolute fave. Then, $8 worth of chocolate later, we walked back to our car in the rain. Very fun evening.


The next day I mostly just hung out with mom. Then we made dinner; salmon on the grill, and whole wheat pasta with a vodka cream sauce. Wonderful. We almost singed our eyebrows off on the grill though. Nasty.


Then on sunday, I got up and went to church with Mom and Dad, then we went to Parkville for brunch at a French Restaurant, Cafe de Amis. It was wonderful, and we had a cute little french waiter. :)


All in all, I guess I mostly did A LOT of eating. Darn it. Oh well. Thanks to the fam for a wonderful weekend!!


No comments: